Friday, June 6, 2014

6/13 - Mike Simonelli, Coaches, Massicure, & Chanel 9 @ AS220 in Providence

Hey y'all!

I'll be playing a set at AS220 on Friday the 13th.  Here's what the first thirty seconds of my set might look like:

Here's what the rest of the bill might sound like: 
-I've only heard one of their songs (which wasn't even finished yet) since they've become Coaches - but it was super rad.  I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to keep secret...but from what I heard it's much more electric and a lot noisier and gnarlier - but still is in the same spirit as their previous folky stuff.  Can not wait to hear more from them.  

-A hip-hop duo based in Rhode Island composed of two of the greatest dudes of all time and former band-mates from back in the day.  The rhymes are on point, and truly funny (kind of reminiscent of MF Doom) and the beats get pretty epic and bring quite a party (with samples ranging from Cream's "White Room" to Sigur Ros's "Saeglopur")

A Rhode Island based duo (Derek Delahunt and Ben Taylor) which mixes folk and electronic music.  If I'm not mistaken this will be their second show - and from the sounds of their album "Parade" which they put out last year, it should be rad.

Show starts at 9:00.  $7 cover.

FB Event Page
AS220

Hope to catch you there!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment