Saturday, September 20, 2014

Talking in Circles (Serious Dialogues ~ on the ~ Silliness of Everything) - by Ryan Simonelli

My Brother Ryan just finished a book that he's been working on for 4 years.  The book consists of dialogues that function as a thought experiment about experimenting with thought.  Stuff gets super loopy and meta as you go down the rabbit hole...but it somehow keeps a sense of humor about itself and is actually a really fun read in my opinion.  This book has been a huge influence on me in the music I make - especially in my re-imagining of the kids song "Here We Go Loopty Loop".

You can read what my brother has to say about it (which is definitely more informative than anything I said on here) on his word press.

And you can read a PDF of it for free here.  There might be hard copies in the future...as well as possibly an animated film version of it (which if the later happens, I'm on board to score)

Go and get loopy y'all

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment