Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 27th - Friendly People // Coaches // Infinity Girl // Mike Simonelli @ the Elks Lodge in Cambridge

Saturday night I’ll be playing a bill with a few of my favorite bands that are from/were from Boston - Friendly People, Coaches, & Infinity Girl.  


It’s going to start at 8:00 PM and I’m going on first - so if you want to catch my set get there for 8:00.

I’ll be playing a set called "A Story About Love".  The story will start like I’ve been telling it for the last few shows, but then it’s going to go somewhere different...If you like drastically reimagined collaged 90s songs you'll probably be on board.  I might post a short preview in the super near future.   
Friendly People are an indie rock band who are currently based out of NYC - they've got a super lot of groove, sometimes go into really awesome jammyness, and have got some super awesome tunes.  I mentioned their record shake in my top 50 of 2012 which is up on their bandcamp and definitely worth checking out.  

Coaches are the electric, noiser, and gnarlier reincarnation of We Avalanche (+ a drummer).  Their single "amisarewaswere" is a fucking jam and they've got a lot of other great tunes - some that are crazy reimaginging of We Avalanche tunes, and some that are brand spankin new.  


Infinity Girl are also currently based out of NYC - they're a poppy noisy shoegazy band that rock my socks.  Some crazy awesome textural things going on and some crazy awesome harmonic things going on at times.  Check out their EP "Just Like Lovers" on their bandcmap.  


If you need the address to Elk's Lodge it's: 55 Bishop Allen Drive, Cambridge MA 02143
It's easily accessible off the Central Square T stop.
Hit me up if you need more details!

Hope to catch ya then!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment