Thursday, October 18, 2012

AMTA 2012 Conference

WOW!  What a whirlwind of a week!

Last Thursday I left for Chicago/St Charles for the National Music Therapy Conference.  The conference was from Friday till Sunday and it was really an amazing trip.  It was so awesome to catch up and hang with some good friends, make some new ones, and just be around some amazing folks that I hadn't seen in a while.
(photograph by Georgia)

I definitely got more out of the presentations this year than I did when I went a couple years ago in Ohio.  A big part of the conference this year was celebrating the life and work of Clive Robbins.  There was one Nordoff-Robbins presentation for every block of time, and I can easily say that these were the presentations I got the most out of.  I also got a chance to head to Chicago to go see my friend Lucas's new funk band, The Krewe, which was a blast.


Lots of love to my music therapy folks and Chicago folks - you all rock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment