Sunday, November 11, 2012

Music Therapy & Landau Kleffner Syndrome: A Case Study

HEY MUSIC THERAPY FOLKS!

Next Saturday on November 17th I'll be presenting a case study at the Passages Music Therapy Conference.  The case study follows a young girl diagnosed with Landau Kleffner Syndrome (a rare, childhood neurological syndrome that is characterized by aphasia and an abnormal electroencephalogram) through over a year of individual and group music therapy sessions.  She is one of the most musical, funny, and unique people that I have ever met in my life and presenting about the work we've done is going to be way too much fun.  I'll be sharing some of the music (audio and video recordings) we have made as well as some of the techniques I've used in sessions to work with her scripting and to approach song-writing and recording with someone whose abilities with language are severely impacted.  Working with her in music has taught me many things as a clinical and I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to share some of some of the music that we've created - so if you are free on November 17th come on down to Lesley to check it out as well as the other presentations that will be happening there during the day.  I'll be presenting from 3:30-4:30 - feel free to contact me for more details! 





No comments:

Post a Comment