Saturday, February 23, 2013

Nick Suda & Mike Simonelli Collaboration (2008)

So my friend Nick Suda recently shared these two improvisational sets we recorded in the dorms during our first year at Berklee.  For these recordings I was using electric guitar and plenty of pedals, while Nick's rig consisted of a Korg Electribe EMX-1, a Kaoss Pad (either a KP1 or a KP2), and a Nintendo DS.  The initial reason we were recording was to generate music for a series of exercise videos that my aunt was making, and some of the music we made did end up on these DVDs.  Up until Nick shared the full sets recently, I don't think I had listened to them since we first recorded them.  It's always weird for me listening to what I sounded like improvising from a while ago (5 years ago in this case)...but it was really cool relistening to these and thought I'd re-post both sets here:

No comments:

Post a Comment