Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bar Crawl Tunes

Unfortunately I missed the last train inbound back from Salem last night so I ended up taking a cab. Fortunately I had my notebook in my pocket and wrote another song about a bar crawl on my way home from the bar crawl in Salem.  Unlike the tune "Christmas Crawl" that I wrote in a cab ride home from a crawl in 2011, which is very miniature and rather cryptic, this one is much longer and more concrete/explicit.  Part of this difference in length is due to having a 30 mile cab ride verses a 3 mile cab ride, and being significantly more sober helped as well.  I don't want to give to much away yet...but I will say that it involves a good deal of audience participation and multiple jammy packs (a fanny pack that you can play music out of - see picture below).
These will be part of a full set of songs that were written on the way home from bar crawls, are about bar crawls, and are meant to be performed at a bar crawl (one song at each bar).  Although this set will be a ways away, and it'll be a while before I post the tune I started working on last night, in the meantime feel free to check out "Christmas Crawl" from the Kaleidoscope EP (mentioned above) - which consists of 2 sentences written in that cab ride and the drunken idea of a banjo-dubstep song:

No comments:

Post a Comment