Monday, July 29, 2013

Mind Your Manners...

OK...so I don't usually use this blog as a space to bash music I don't like...but the new single from Pearl Jam made me want to stick shards of glass is my ears.  It's literally the biggest shit sandwich I've ever tasted.   It's dumbfounding how terrible this hook is.  Rhythmically it's awkward and doesn't groove at all.  Lyrically it sounds forced and pretentious.  And the guitar solo is absolutely hilarious.  And look how stupid this artwork is!!!  A blood splattered table setting with a gun and a crucifix?!?!?!


Don't get me wrong - Pearl Jam were the first band that I fell in love with - they are the reason I started playing guitar.  But it's been 10 years since they put out a halfway decent album.  Their last record "Backspacer" was a train wreck, and from this single it looks like their new record "Lightening Bolt" might even somehow manage to be worse.  It's mind boggling that this is the same band that put out classic albums like "Vs." and "Vitology".  I can only hope that DJ Just Barth's theory is true: that they are planning the greatest comeback album EVER - and first they need to make the biggest pieces of shit possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment