Friday, September 4, 2015

9/15 - LSDV / Mike Simonelli / Molt Corps / Causings - @ Out of the Blue Too


LSDV - a psychedelic multi-media project that uses VHS players and video Kaoss Pads to create a kaleidoscopic mesh of mind-melting video awesomeness.  

Mike Simonelli
I use uses video and music - and land stylistically land somewhere between folk, hip-hop, & electronic music (folktronica or folk-hop if you will)
youtube
(spoiler ahead):
Because of what life has decided to bring my way the last couple weeks - I've decided to start diving into some of my Fall material a little early - the set I'll be playing will be about car crashes, sex, and death.  Figured I should give a heads up about that in case

Causings
a group from Brooklyn that creates beautiful/haunting music through improvisation using electronics/live sampling and a variety of things including (but not limited too) cell phones, beads, metals, wood, tapes, cactus, as well as other instruments you would expect people play
-they put out two great records this year that you can hear on their bandcamp-

Molt Corps
a collaboration between Sun Rad and Obsidian Helix that hypnotically melds electronic music, rock, and noise.  Their release "Objects, Buried" is one of my favorite EPs this year so far and I highly recommend if you dig stuff in this vein.  


FB EVENT PAGE
OUT OF THE BLUE TOO

No comments:

Post a Comment