Sunday, July 1, 2012

Upcoming Shows Summer 2012

Although I don't have any shows scheduled that I'm playing this summer yet, I am starting to work on a live solo set.  I haven't played a solo show in over 6 years, so I'm still in the process of figuring out how I want to do it.  Being in the early stages of this has been a little overwhelming since there are so many possibilities and directions it could go in - but at the same time it's been very exciting.  It feels like a very fresh new start.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to put something together for an EP release show at the end of the Summer.  

I'll definitely post about it when that gets closer, but in the meantime if you're looking to see some great live music in the Bostonish area - here's some shows that I'm either planning on going to or hoping to make it to:

July 1st - Moonface (Spencer Krug of Wolf Parade & Sunset Rubdown) - TT the Bear's
July 1st - Julia Easterlin - Church
July 14th - The Grownup Noise - The Lizard Lounge  (unfortunately I'll be out of town this week - but these guys are really awesome and totally worth checking out!) 
July 21st - Allston DIY Fest - Ringer Park - Free
July 23rd - Shabazz Palaces - Middle East
July 24th - Mighty Tiny - TT the Bear's
July 27th - Wilco - Fort Adams Newport
July 28th-29th- Newport Folk Festival 
August 4th-5th- Newport Jazz Festival
August 16th - Holiday Mountain - Institute of Contemporary Art - Free
August 19th - Dirty Projectors - Paradise Rock Club
September 13th - Bon Iver - Bank of America Pavilion 
September 22- Grizzly Bear - Orpheum 

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch - but definitely a great summer for live music.

I'll be posting some more short tunes in the near future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment