Monday, February 2, 2015

"Fire Walk With Me"

About a year ago I posted my first video of the Kaleidoscope material on here, (something called “Time Travel is Dangerous”).  Here’s another - this one’s called “Fire Walk With Me”.  It’s taken entirely from different live shows I’ve played the last couple of moths that were pieced together and such.



THANKS:
Thanks to everyone who invited me to play this at their events and homes: Totem Fahey, Emperor CJ, Wolfman, Adam Blake, Samantha Hale, Calamity Co Dance, Eugene James, and my parents.  

Thanks to everyone who helped film and capture audio: Sun-Rad, Emperor CJ, Ari, Adam Giangregorio, Brady Custis, Kimberly Khare, Mandy Halloran, Mike Ryan, & Jeremy Winkler. 

In case you can't tell by the title, the song borrows from the television show, "Twin Peaks".  So thanks to David Lynch & Mark Frost for making that (and for making a new season that's coming next year).  And thanks to everyone else who inspired me to make this piece/I sampled/stole from in this song: Bruce Springsteen, Blue Oyster Cult, Carl Theodor Dreyer, Elem Klimov, Tobe Hooper, voidgod, Leos Carax, Fugazi, Patti Smith, Big Black, Eduardo Sánchez & Daniel Myrick and everyone else who I've forgotten about.   

And most importantly, thanks to everyone who came out to these shows: I wouldn’t be making this stuff if you weren’t there - y’all are the best.

love, 

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment